Major Medical Health Insurance
MNA Member Benefit - 0% increase for 2012!
For the sixth year running, the MNA-GBT has passed on a rate increase substantially below the State or National Average. Last year, the increase was only 5.9%, for 2012 the Trustees are proud to present a 0% increase with no loss of benefits! Having a strong group of Trustees steward this program allows member participants to plan for more manageable increases from year to year.
MNA members also have access to the carefully trained health insurance advisers across the state. These Agents can help you obtain a quote, choose a plan, or provide employee education about your health benefits through webinars or seminars. In addition to standard health and prescription drug benefits, each plan also includes the following enhancements for MNA members:
- Built-in Reserve Account to stabilize premiums from year-to-year
- 24/7 toll-free Health Hotline to nurses who can help you make informed choice for your after-hours needs
- Wellness Program and Biometric Screening programs to promote long-term rate stability,
- Optional Add-on insurance coverages like Vision or Dental, and
- Single billing through MNA's Third Party Administrator
The MNA Health Plan offers several options. Annual premium rate changes are determined by the actual claims usage of the entire pool of users - currently at nearly 800 participants. By aggregating a large pool of insureds and maintaining a Premium Stabilization Account, rate changes tend to be less erratic than those of small groups. The 2012 premium rate change (effective July 1, 2012) will be a 0% increase across the board. Our plan year runs July - June. Rates are available for employee only, employee plus spouse, employee + family and employee + child(ren).
To participate in the MNA health plan, your organization must be an IRS recognized 501(c)(3) organization and a member of MNA. State Law that controls Employer Sponsored Health Plans requires that a certain number of eligible employees participate, therefore, MNA members will also need to reach certain participation rates.
- MNA members with 2 or 3 eligible employees must maintain 100% employee enrollment
- MNA members with 4 to 7 employees must maintain all eleigible employees less 1
- MNA members with 8 to 11 employees must maintain all eleigible employees less 2
- MNA members with 12 to 15 employees must maintain all eleigible employees less 3
- MNA members with 16 or more employees must maintain 75% employee enrollment
- The employer must pay a minimum of 60% of employee premiums
To obtain a quote for your organization, please contact any of our preferred agents and let them know you are interested in the Montana Nonprofit Association Group Benefits Trust. MNA Employees are not able to provide quotes on insurance products.
To learn more about our health insurance plan, contact any of our Preferred Agents.
Documents for Downloading