Nonprofit Wage and Benefit Survey Report
Are your organization's salaries competitive? Does your Board know what to pay your new Executive Director? MNA partners with Columbia Books/Association Trends each even-numbered year to provide free or discounted current wage and benefit data to Montana's nonprofit employers. The biennial Nonprofit Wage & Benefit Survey Report is one of MNA's most requested products. Your participation is the key to an excellent publication.
MNA members who participate in the survey are eligible to receive a FREE copy of the Montana report. Members who do not participate in the survey and want to purchase the data later save 50%.
Nonprofits who are not members of MNA are also encouraged to participate in the survey. Non-members who participate receive a 50% discount on the purchase of the final report. Non-members who do not participate can purchase the report for the full cost of $150, more than the cost of dues for most members. (Find out about becoming an MNA member here.)
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I receive a copy of the most recent survey?
Contact us to find out if your organization is eligible for a free or discounted copy or purchase the report here.
When is the survey open?
The survey opens in April of even-numbered years and is announced via our eNews. Sign up here to receive notices.
How long will it take?
The survey takes most organizations about 30 minutes - a small investment for a $150 savings.
When is the final report available?
The report is available late summer after the survey.
What will the final report include?
- Hard data to use to analyze your nonprofits’ salary structure.
- Specific market salary information for over 100 positions.
- Easy-to-read charts include median salaries, average salaries and more.
- Salary differences by region, budget, and staff size.
- All-new enhanced benefits section.
Who fills out the survey?
Primarily HR or finance executives at associations and nonprofits, but if you don’t have a dedicated HR or finance staff person, your executive director would be the most appropriate person to complete the survey.
Is it secure?
Absolutely. The user interface is encrypted.
- It’s fast, easy, and FREE.
- Clear job descriptions make matching your positions simple and straightforward.
- The survey is specific to nonprofits like yours.
- You can compare your organization’s staff salary levels to those of similar organizations.
- The more participants, the better the data. High participation produces robust results, benefiting both nonprofits and those seeking to work in the nonprofit sector in our state.
- The results will help you and your organization set fair and competitive compensation – the key to hiring and maintaining valuable employees.
For general information about any of MNA's programs, contact us by email or call us at (406) 449-3717.