Unemployment Insurance Program
Please plan to join MNA staff and representatives of First Nonprofit Companies for an informational Webinar on Thursday, May 30th 2013, at 11am! Learn how your organization might be able to save money using this program. To register for the Webinar - email FNCUI@firstnonprofit.com and reference the Montana Nonprofit Association May 30 Webinar.
MNA Member Benefit
A few of the many highlights of the program include:
- Unemployment insurance savings of as much as 50%
- Two cost savings programs to choose from depending on your organizational size
- MNA members receive a significant discount on the one-time enrollment fee
- Smooths cash flows by billing in 4 equal quarterly installments
- Stop loss insurance to support the agency in the event of catastrophic layoffs is optional
- Claims administration services provided at no extra charge
- Professional representation in unemployment hearings and audits at no additional charge
- Training opportunities on employer responsibilities and risk mitigation
- Free cost-savings evaluation conducted by First Nonprofit Companies
The Montana Nonprofit Association (MNA) endorses First Nonprofit Companies and their unemployment savings products. Instead of paying the state unemployment tax, 501(c)(3) organizations can elect reimburse the state for validated claims paid to former employees, dollar for dollar. This often translates into savings of as much as 50% of your unemployment costs. First Nonprofit Companies offers programs for nonprofits which are designed to allow the organization to enjoy the reduced costs of reimbursing without exposing their budgets to unnecessary risk. Each program meets the needs of different size organizations with different budgetary goals. If your organization is a 501(c)(3) with at least 7 full-time employees, one of these programs may save you money.
Only 501(c)(3) organizations can elect to become reimbursing organizations. Please see the flyer from the state below about becoming a Reimbursable Entity. This program works best for organizations with 10 or more FTE's.
Currently, more than eighty nonprofits in the State of Montana are enrolled in the program and enjoying savings and administrative benefits. Collectively, these nonprofits will save more than $250,000 annually. To find out how much your agency can save each year, complete the free cost savings evaluation and return it to First Nonprofit Companies.
To see if the MNA UI alternative program will work for your organization, download the quote request form below and fax it to Kelly Scott at First Nonprofit Companies, at the number on the form.
For more information about the program, contact Kelly Scott at 800-526-4352, ext 3017 or by email
Documents for Downloading
For general information about any of MNA's programs, contact Brad Robinson, Member Services Director of the Montana Nonprofit Association by email or 406-449-3717