learn about nonprofits in montana
Data is from the 2010 Sector Report compiled by the Montana Nonprofit Association
- Montana is home to 6,383 charitable nonprofits (not including foundations or religious congregations)
- 2,043 of Montana's charitable nonprofits filed the IRS Form 990.
- IRS 990 "filers" reported $3.3 billion in expenditures and $6.8 billion in assets.
- Montana's 1,438 charitable nonprofit employers contributed over $1.2 billion to Montana's wage base.
- Nearly 40,000 people are employed by Montana charitable nonprofits.
- The average charitable contribution for itemizing taxpayers in Montana was $1,002 – about 2.2% of their incomes.
Download additional data from the 2010 Montana Nonprofit Sector Report, including:
- 2010 Sector Report Briefing
- Reporting Charitable Nonprofits in Montana
- Number, Expenditures, and Assets of Reporting Charitable Nonprofits in Montana by Field
- Charitable Contributions of Itemizers
- 2010 County Data by Tourism Region