MNA is currently seeking a Digital Communication Specialist.
The Digital Communications Associate assists Montana Nonprofit Association’s team to engage our stakeholders in our mission and vision. The Digital Communications Associate is responsible for updating and creating content and materials that inform Montana Nonprofit Association’s stakeholders about our programs, resources, events, and trainings. S/he works with direction from the Executive Director and Public Relations & Communications Manager and uses MNA’s established brand identity to communicate across multiple platforms including web, social media, email marketing, and print.
- Assists with production of monthly and weekly e-newsletters and e-digests, including gathering content, design and distribution;
- Collaborates with MNA team to manage social media channels, including content planning and engaging with followers;
- Maintains segmented email marketing lists, and
- Monitors analytics and industry trends to inform strategy. Prepares reports as directed.
- Updates existing print and web materials, and creates new materials, including forms, brochures, signage, social media banners and event marketing collateral, and
- Ensures that materials are consistent with MNA’s brand identity, working with MNA team to clarify requests, submit drafts, revise as necessary, and provide final files in appropriate format.
- Manages website content and streamlines navigation;
- Works with MNA team to maintain accurate and up-to-date information
- Uses best practices to attract and track online traffic;
- Works according to established templates and branding, and
- Creates blog posts from supplied content, using appropriate tags, images, and design.
CRM Management & Administrative Duties
- Works with MNA team to maintains physical and digital files, ensuring that a complete archive of events, activities, and members exists, and that materials are easy to locate.
- Administers event management software (Cvent) used for registration, web surveys, and reporting.
- Assists with planning and preparation of MNA’s Annual Conference.
- Ability to manage and follow-through on multiple tasks in a timely fashion;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Understanding of best practices for maximizing and analyzing web traffic;
- Understanding of marketing principles.
- Vertical Response, Mail Chimp or other email marketing platform experience;
- Understanding of social media best practices;
- Experience managing content on a WordPress website a plus;
- Experience using Cvent or other CRM databases a plus, including running basic reports;
- Proficient in MS Office programs;
- Ability and desire to be in a work environment that values working as a team, relationships, and giving and receiving honest feedback;
- Interest in developing graphic design and/or data management skills
- Experience using InDesign, Acrobat DC, Dreamweaver, and Illustrator preferred;
Job Type: Part-Time
- This position is part-time, approximately 20 hours per week.
- Pay Dependent on Experience: $16-$20/hour
Request with Application:
- Graphic design/web portfolio, including examples of print and web work
- Resume and Cover Letter
- At least three professional references with contact information
- MNA is based in Helena and it is a priority for our team to hire a Helena based individual. However, the position may work remotely from another location in Montana. Travel to Helena or other Montana locations required on a regular basis.
How to Apply:
- Email your resume, cover letter, and three references to Leandra Lipson, [email protected], by March 1st. No phone calls, please.
This job description is not a contract – management reserves the right to change its contents at any time. This organization complies with the guidelines set forth in the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. This organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.