- This event has passed.
Crafting your Best Annual Appeal
September 14 @ 10:00 am – 11:30 am
The end-of-year fundraising push is one of the most important sources of income for nonprofits. And it’s right around the corner! This workshop will guide you through planning, crafting, and executing your best Annual Appeal yet.
This is a two-part series, hosted on September 14 and October 5.
In the first session, we’ll discuss:
- Best practices and making your appeal stand out
- Components of a comprehensive Annual Appeal Campaign
- How to segment your audience
- Developing a story for your ask
- The elements of an effective and engaging appeal letter: story, offer, letter structure, ask.
Between sessions, participants will write a draft appeal letter to workshop during the next session. You’ll also draft a campaign plan and start to work on the logistics behind the year-end campaign.
In the second session, we’ll:
- Workshop participants’ appeal letter drafts
- Develop language and gift strings to target your segmented audience
- Review your Annual Appeal Campaign plans
- Discuss ideas on how to ‘package’ your mailing
Participants will leave this workshop series with a solid appeal letter draft and a detailed Annual Appeal plan. You’ll have the resources and knowledge to execute an appeal that will make more money for your organization this year-end.
This workshop series will be facilitated by Laura Brin of Nested Strategies. The virtual sessions will be held on September 14th and October 5th from 10 – 11:30 am MDT.
Do you have an event that you feel would be beneficial for MNA members?
Use our community event submission form to add your event: