- This event has passed.
Town Hall: Nonprofit Voter Registration
August 11, 2022 @ 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
MNA, Nonprofit VOTE, MontPIRG are partnering up to provide nonprofits in Montana with the information and resources to assist their constituents and communities in registering to vote and engaging in the voting process!
We know nonprofits play a vital role in American society. We serve individuals and families, inform policymakers, and help our communities thrive. As 501c3 organizations, we are critical nonpartisan actors that serve all who need us but, nonpartisan does not mean nonparticipatory. Charitable organizations have the capacity to strengthen American democracy by registering and engaging voters to ensure full participation in the democratic process.
Join us for a free Town Hall on August 11th from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. to learn more.
And check out these helpful voter registration actions and resources:
- Sign up for a voter registration kit from MontPIRG. The kit includes voter registration forms, a secure box, and prepaid envelopes to mail registration forms directly to MontPIRG on a monthly basis. Learn more.
- Sign up to be a National Voter Registration Day partner. The fourth Tuesday of September represents a nonpartisan day of action. Begun in 2012, it has helped more than 4.7 million Americans register or update their registrations. This day of coordinated engagement has the support of the National Association of Secretaries of State and the Nationals Association of State Election Directors and is an opportunity to join thousands of partners and volunteers in a single day of action to ensure everyone in your community can exercise their right to vote.
- Sign your nonprofit up to be a Nonprofit Staff Vote 2022 partner, a campaign that encourages nonprofit employers to offer employees paid time off to vote on or before Election Day. Signing up as a partner gains you additional tools and resources to integrate voter engagement into your nonprofit’s ongoing programs and services while remaining nonpartisan.
- Host your own voter registration event. Please contact Tylyn for more information and to brainstorm ideas.
- Check out this Nonprofit Voter Drive Workbook from Independent Sector.
- Find out more about voting in Montana by visiting Vote in Montana.
- And learn how to conduct a voter registration drive in Montana from the Fair Elections Center.
Nonprofits exist in every community across the Montana, ranging in size and covering every mission imaginable – we are trusted messengers, and can help ensure our constituents, clients, volunteers, donors, staff, and community members exercise their right to vote in the upcoming election. Whether you choose to sign up for the ongoing voter registration kit from MontPIRG, participate in National Voter Registration Day, sign up to be a Nonprofit Staff Vote partner, or simply make sure your staff knows how to check their voter status, your efforts have impact.
Do you have an event that you feel would be beneficial for MNA members?
Use our community event submission form to add your event: