MNA is seeking proposals for a focus group facilitator. This facilitator will co-lead a focus group of Montana nonprofit leaders, volunteers, and board members to inform best practices, barriers, and opportunities in maintaining inclusive and diverse boards. The focus group will inform the creation of materials, tools, stories, and resources to lead towards thriving, diverse, and inclusive nonprofit boards. MNA staff will co-lead and facilitate this process.
MNA is committed to centering belonging and equity in the nonprofit sector, and recognizes diverse and representative boards are an important component of effective mission-based organizations. However, boards remain largely homogenous, as outlined in BoardSource’s 2021 Leading with Intent report. Barriers remain for sustaining board service long past recruitment, and while policy development and cultural shifts may help with retention, there remains a gap between opportunity and reality. This project seeks to begin filling that gap through curating stories, solutions, and opportunities for boards to build a healthy culture for all board members.
Excellent applicants for this RFP will demonstrate experience facilitating conversations in multiracial spaces, working with nonprofit boards, and a record of timeliness and attention to detail.
Unsuccessful applicants may have the opportunity to submit their interest to be a focus group participant.
Scope + Timeline
This proposal includes the following activities and deliverables. Times are estimated.
- Planning | Finalize process for focus group including input on participant RFP, timeline, meeting structure, and communication plan. Est. 8 hours
- March 2024
- Co-Facilitation | Facilitate focus group meetings alongside MNA staff member. Est. 4 hours
- May – June
- Findings | Provide a written summary of focus group meetings and recommendations to MNA staff. Est. 16 hours
- Review | Review final deliverables developed by MNA as a result of recommendations – this may include curriculum adjustments, toolkits, or materials for distribution. Participants will also provide a final review. Est. 4 hours
- March 4th | Applications due
- March 11th | Applicants notified, schedule kick-off call
- March 25th | Provide initial review of planning materials
- April 1st | Launch focus group RFP
- April 30th | Participant proposals due
- May 7th | Participants notified
- May-July | Focus group meetings held
- July| Findings Summary developed and presented to MNA staff
- October | Review of deliverables
- Opportunity to co-brand toolkits, resources, or materials developed as a result of the project
To submit a proposal
Please complete online proposal form by March 4th:
Not sure you meet all the qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend not to apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification when, in fact, they often do. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Questions? Reach out to Shelby Rogala ([email protected]) for questions and clarifications.