Nonprofits exist in every community across the Montana, ranging in size and covering every mission imaginable – we are trusted messengers, and can help ensure our constituents, clients, volunteers, donors, staff, and community members exercise their right to vote in the upcoming election. Whether you choose to sign up for the ongoing voter registration kit from MontPIRG, participate in National Voter Registration Day, sign up to be a Nonprofit Staff Vote partner, or simply make sure your staff knows how to check their voter status, your efforts have impact.
Check out these helpful voter registration resources:
- Sign up for a voter registration kit from MontPIRG. The kit includes voter registration forms, a secure box, and additional support from MontPIRG for voter registration. Learn more.
- Sign up to be a National Voter Registration Day The fourth Tuesday of September represents a nonpartisan day of action. Begun in 2012, it has helped more than 4.7 million Americans register or update their registrations. This day of coordinated engagement has the support of the National Association of Secretaries of State and the Nationals Association of State Election Directors and is an opportunity to join thousands of partners and volunteers in a single day of action to ensure everyone in your community can exercise their right to vote.
- Sign your nonprofit up to be a Nonprofit Staff Vote 2022 partner, a campaign that encourages nonprofit employers to offer employees paid time off to vote on or before Election Day. Signing up as a partner gains you additional tools and resources to integrate voter engagement into your nonprofit’s ongoing programs and services while remaining nonpartisan.
- Check out this Nonprofit Voter Drive Workbook from Independent Sector.
- Find out more about voting in Montana by visiting Vote in Montana.
- And learn how to conduct a voter registration drive in Montana from the Fair Elections Center.