UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE PROGRAMS
A few of the highlights include:
- Unemployment insurance savings of as much as 50%
- Three cost savings programs to choose from
- First dollar or stop loss coverage
- MNA members receive a significant discount on the one-time enrollment fee
- Smooths cash flows by billing in 4 equal quarterly installments
- Claims administration services provided at no extra charge
- Professional representation in unemployment hearings and audits at no additional charge
- Training opportunities on employer responsibilities and risk mitigation
- Free cost-savings evaluation conducted by First Nonprofit
Instead of paying the state unemployment insurance (SUI) tax, 501(c)(3) organizations can elect to reimburse the state for validated claims paid to former employees. This often translates into savings of as much as 50% of your unemployment costs. First Nonprofit offers programs for nonprofits which are designed to allow the organization to enjoy the reduced costs of reimbursing without exposing their budgets to unnecessary risk. Each program meets the needs of different size organizations with different budgetary goals. If your organization is a 501(c)(3) with at least 10 full-time employees, one of these programs may save you money.
To begin participation in these programs, you must opt out of the Montana SUI tax pool before the last business day in November. Do not opt out of the SUI tax pool unless you have received a quote and determined that this program can save you money. If your organization can save money using this program, savings will begin during the following year. It is best to get a quote early in the year to determine if your organization can save money using this program. MNA does not recommend becoming a reimbursable entity unless you have an alternative program in place like this one. If you have savings with this program, First Nonprofit can help you opt out of the state pool.
Only 501(c)(3) organizations can elect to become reimbursing organizations. This program works best for organizations with 10 or more full-time employees. While any 501(c)(3) can opt out of the SUI tax pool without participating in a program like this, MNA does not recommend that as a sound strategy.
Currently, more than ninety nonprofits in the State of Montana are enrolled in the programs and enjoying savings and administrative benefits. Collectively, these nonprofits will save more than $250,000 annually. To find out how much your agency can save each year, complete the free cost-savings evaluation and return it to First Nonprofit.
Contact First Nonprofit at 312-728-9963 or [email protected].