- This event has passed.
Financial Leadership Fall 2022
November 9, 2022 @ 11:00 am – 12:15 pm
Join MNA on a six-week course to sharpen your ability to lead the financial management of your organization. From budgeting to cash management, cost/benefit analysis, and more, you will learn best-practice fundamentals to lead your organization with confidence. Additionally, MNA will provide you with a comprehensive set of Excel tools to simplify and enhance your ability to monitor, analyze, and report your financial condition. These tools, when combined with your usual accounting software, offer you the visualization and functionality of a much more sophisticated (and expensive) software.
You also have the option of adding individual consulting with MNA to this course, which includes up to six hours of one-on-one support with MNA to discuss your organization’s financial management processes and support in implementing the tools MNA has provided.
At the conclusion of this course, MNA will offer a free monthly affinity group Zoom meeting focused on discussing strategies to build a financial reserve in your organization. This monthly meeting will provide a chance to learn from one another and discuss strategies to use the concepts and tools learned through the course to grow your organization’s operating reserve.
Participants in this workshop will leave with:
- Practice building, monitoring, and reporting on financial activity
- Practice building organizational budgets
- Five tools to monitor and track financial activity
Webinars will take place Wednesdays in October and November, 11:00 AM – 12:15 PM MTN
- October 12: Financial Strategy and Goal Setting
- October 19: Understanding Financial Statements | Tool Offered: Ratio Analysis Template
- October 26: Planning and Budgeting for Success | Tool Offered: Budget Building Template
- November 2: Monitoring Financial Performance | Tool Offered: Budget Performance Template
- November 9: Monitoring and Managing Cash | Tool Offered: Cashflow Management Template
- November 16: Analyzing True Project Costs/Benefits | Tool Offered: Cost/Benefit Analysis Template
All sessions will be recorded and available for attendees to access, along with all session resources, for six months after the event.
Prices include all course sessions.
Whole Org Participation: Invite your whole team (staff & board!) for one flat rate
- $150 Whole Org Registration for MNA Members
- $300 Whole Org Registration for Non MNA Members
Individual Participation: Register for a single user
- $95 MNA Members
- $190 Non MNA Members
***Members of other state nonprofit associations qualify for the MNA Member price!
This course is sponsored by Foundant Technologies.
Presented by Adam Jespersen, MNA Associate Director
Adam joined the Montana Nonprofit Association in 2019 as its first Director of Innovation after more than a decade of progressive experience in nonprofit management, leadership, fundraising, and grant writing. Raised in rural Montana, Adam received his bachelor’s degree from Carroll College and his master’s in business administration from the University of Montana. Trained and experienced in Lean management and person-centered design, Adam is passionate about helping people, teams, and organizations across Montana find their stride in being more effective and impactful and has been recognized for his ability to dive headlong into finding solutions and for his cooperative and thoughtful leadership approach. Adam lives in Helena with his wife and two daughters and enjoys hiking, skiing, and all that Montana has to offer.
Do you have an event that you feel would be beneficial for MNA members?
Use our community event submission form to add your event: