Professional Development for Nonprofit Managers
Hone your management skills, build your network, and level up your impact. Whether you are steering direct service programs or overseeing back-office support, your work as a manager shapes how the mission comes to life. MNA’s Accelerator is built with you in mind. From best practices in project and budget planning to exploring performance management strategies, Accelerator provides participants with opportunities to learn, practice, and discuss how to deliver organizational strategy through effective management of programs and people.
Applications Now Open!
To be considered for this program, we invite you to submit a brief application before August 31st. Applicants will be notified on a rolling basis. As this program has limited space, we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
Nonprofit Manager Fundamentals
Montana Nonprofit Association believes managers of people and programs achieve impactful results when they:
- Cultivate self-awareness.
- Develop and sustain relationships built on trust.
- Create comprehensive, realistic plans that align with overall organizational needs.
- Accurately evaluate project and organizational outcomes.
- Support employee growth and development.
- Prioritize and advocate for inclusive and equitable approaches and outcomes.
What You’ll Learn
Throughout the Accelerator experience, participants will be invited to:
- Discover personal strengths as a manager
- Deepen knowledge of nonprofit management fundamentals and responsibilities
- Connect with peers across the state
This program is built on our Nonprofit Management Fundamentals. Participants will be introduced to these fundamentals, explore them within the cohort, and be prepared to practice and master them throughout and after the program.
This 10-week intensive manager training will meet Tuesdays, October 12th – December 14th, 2021.
Participants will take part in nine (9) sessions over ten weeks, totaling nearly 15 hours of live classroom time on Zoom. This learning will be supplemented with online content delivered via our learning management system. Participants will explore the nonprofit fundamentals and leave with tools, protocols, and confidence implementing best practices in areas from performance management to budget planning to team culture.
This program has been developed for new nonprofit managers that oversee at least one employee. Those with more management experience, those who manage a program but don’t oversee employees, or those on track for executive leadership may also find value in this program.
- Introduction: Tuesday, October 12th | 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Class: Tuesdays, October 19th – December 7th | 12:00 PM – 1:15 PM No session on November 23rd
- Closing: Tuesday, December 14th | 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Monthly Office Hours for access to 1:1 questions and feedback
- Monthly meetings will take place over Zoom
- Content will be released through our learning management system, Thinkific, each week in advance the live session.
- Participants will have access to a peer forum for engagement and questions
Available to current MNA Member Organizations only. 10% discount for groups of four or more from one organization.
Support MNA Leadership Programming
Interested in supporting nonprofit leadership development in Montana? Become a sponsor, with opportunities starting at $1,000 up to $5,000. Sponsors gain the opportunity to share their message and brand with the Catalyst audience and beyond while helping sustain leadership programming for Montana nonprofit professionals. Learn more or contact [email protected] for more info. We look forward to partnering with you!