Professional Development for Nonprofit Managers
Hone your management skills, build your network, and level up your impact. Whether you are steering direct service programs or overseeing back-office support, your work as a manager shapes how the mission comes to life. MNA’s Accelerator is built with you in mind. From best practices in project and budget planning to exploring performance management strategies, Accelerator provides participants with opportunities to learn, practice, and discuss how to deliver organizational strategy through effective management of programs and people.
Applications will open again in Summer of 2024.
Want to bring this program to your team? Consider an organization coaching opportunity before we launch the next cohort in Fall 2024.
Nonprofit Manager Fundamentals
Montana Nonprofit Association believes managers of people and programs achieve impactful results when they:
- Cultivate self-awareness.
- Develop and sustain relationships built on trust.
- Create comprehensive, realistic plans that align with overall organizational needs.
- Accurately evaluate project and organizational outcomes.
- Support employee growth and development.
- Prioritize and advocate for inclusive and equitable approaches and outcomes.
What You’ll Learn
Throughout the Accelerator experience, participants will be invited to:
- Discover personal strengths as a manager
- Deepen knowledge of nonprofit management fundamentals and responsibilities
- Connect with peers across the state
This program is built on our Nonprofit Management Fundamentals. Participants will be introduced to these fundamentals, explore them within the cohort, and be prepared to practice and master them throughout and after the program.
This 10-week intensive manager training will meet Wednesdays, October 11th – December 13th, 2023 virtually. There will be an optional kickoff + alumni event hosted at our 2023 MNA Conference.
Participants will take part in nine (9) sessions over ten weeks, totaling OVER 12 hours of live classroom time on Zoom. This learning will be supplemented with online content delivered via our learning management system. Participants will explore the nonprofit fundamentals and leave with tools, protocols, and confidence implementing best practices in areas from performance management to budget planning to team culture.
This program has been developed for new nonprofit managers that oversee at least one employee. Those with more management experience, those who manage a program but don’t oversee employees, or those on track for executive leadership may also find value in this program.
- Applications Open: June 1st
- Priority Application Deadline: July 31st
- Final Deadline: August 16th
- Pre-Work | Completed in September
- Optional In Person Kickoff: Attend our 2023 MNA Annual Conference in person to network with Accelerator Alumni + Attendees.
- Zoom Classes: Wednesdays, October 11th – December 13th | 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM MTN No session on November 22nd
- Monthly Office Hours for access to 1:1 questions and feedback
- Weekly meetings will take place over Zoom
- Content will be released through our learning management system, Thinkific, each week in advance of the live session.
- Pre-work in September will take around 5 hours to complete.
- Participants will be expected to complete 1-2 hours of work each week in addition to class time.
- Participants will have access to a peer forum for engagement and questions.
What past participants have said:
“Really great class, especially for its first year. It’s exactly what I had been asking my supervisor for help/training with for multiple years and met my goals for learning and then some!”
“Thank you so much for facilitating such an informative and impactful course!”
“Thank you so much for your time putting this together. I feel really grateful that I was a part of this! You both are doing great work and I think your approach is fantastic. I will definitely be recommending this course to others!“
Available to current MNA Member Organizations + Kentucky Nonprofit Network Members only.
15% discount for groups of four or more from one organization and All Access Pass Holders. Limited scholarships for MNA Members only available: Apply here.
Support MNA Leadership Programming
Interested in supporting nonprofit leadership development in Montana? Become a sponsor, with opportunities starting at $2,500 up to $5,000. Sponsors gain the opportunity to share their message and brand with the Catalyst audience and beyond while helping sustain leadership programming for Montana nonprofit professionals. Contact Michael Hale for more information. We look forward to partnering with you!
Find the leadership program that’s right for you.
Want to take your skills even further?
Check out UM’s new Certified Public Manager Program!