Professional Development for Nonprofit Managers
Hone your management skills, build your network, and level up your impact. Whether you are steering direct service programs or overseeing back-office support, your work as a manager shapes how the mission comes to life. MNA’s Accelerator is built with you in mind. From best practices in project and budget planning to exploring performance management strategies, Accelerator provides participants with opportunities to learn, practice, and discuss how to deliver organizational strategy through effective management of programs and people.
Our next Accelerator leadership cohort will begin in Fall 2022. Applications for this program now open. Apply below before August 31st. Applicants notified on a rolling basis, priority selection for All Access Pass Applicants.
Nonprofit Manager Fundamentals
Montana Nonprofit Association believes managers of people and programs achieve impactful results when they:
- Cultivate self-awareness.
- Develop and sustain relationships built on trust.
- Create comprehensive, realistic plans that align with overall organizational needs.
- Accurately evaluate project and organizational outcomes.
- Support employee growth and development.
- Prioritize and advocate for inclusive and equitable approaches and outcomes.
What You’ll Learn
Throughout the Accelerator experience, participants will be invited to:
- Discover personal strengths as a manager
- Deepen knowledge of nonprofit management fundamentals and responsibilities
- Connect with peers across the state
This program is built on our Nonprofit Management Fundamentals. Participants will be introduced to these fundamentals, explore them within the cohort, and be prepared to practice and master them throughout and after the program.
This 10-week intensive manager training will meet Tuesdays, October 12th – December 13th, 2022 virtually. There will be an optional kickoff event hosted at our 2022 MNA Conference.
Participants will take part in nine (9) sessions over ten weeks, totaling OVER 15 hours of live classroom time on Zoom. This learning will be supplemented with online content delivered via our learning management system. Participants will explore the nonprofit fundamentals and leave with tools, protocols, and confidence implementing best practices in areas from performance management to budget planning to team culture.
This program has been developed for new nonprofit managers that oversee at least one employee. Those with more management experience, those who manage a program but don’t oversee employees, or those on track for executive leadership may also find value in this program.
- Optional In Person Kickoff: Attend our 2022 MNA Annual Conference in person to network with Accelerator Alumni + Attendees. 2022 Accelerator participants will receive 20% off in person pricing.
- Introduction on Zoom: Tuesday, October 11th | 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Class on Zoom: Tuesdays, October 18th – December 6th | 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM No session on November 24th
- Closing on Zoom: Tuesday, December 13th | 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Monthly Office Hours for access to 1:1 questions and feedback
- Weekly meetings will take place over Zoom
- Content will be released through our learning management system, Thinkific, each week in advance of the live session.
- Participants will have access to a peer forum for engagement and questions
Available to current MNA Member Organizations only. 10% discount for groups of four or more from one organization. Priority Selection for All Access Pass Holders.
This program may be eligible for IWT Funding. Learn more here.
If you decide to apply, you can use this document for the application packet.
Support MNA Leadership Programming
Interested in supporting nonprofit leadership development in Montana? Become a sponsor, with opportunities starting at $1,000 up to $5,000. Sponsors gain the opportunity to share their message and brand with the Catalyst audience and beyond while helping sustain leadership programming for Montana nonprofit professionals. Learn more or contact [email protected] for more info. We look forward to partnering with you!
Find the leadership program that’s right for you.
Want to take your skills even further?
Check out UM’s new Certified Public Manager Program!