Nonprofit membership in MNA offers exclusive access to many benefits that can help 501(c)(3)'s achieve their mission and save time and money. Any 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization registered in Montana is eligible for nonprofit membership and joining is easy. Complete the Nonprofit Membership Application Form and return it to MNA along with your mission statement and program description (brochures work well), a copy of your IRS Letter of Determination verifying tax-exempt status, and your dues.
Starting a 501(c)(3)
If you are not currently a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, you can learn more about the requirements for starting a 501(c)(3). If you are in the process of becoming a 501(c)(3) and have your IRS Letter of Determination, you may become a member of MNA.
MNA currently represents over 700 members from across the state, representing all sizes and mission-types. See a list of all MNA nonprofit members and a list of our current affiliate members.
Nonprofit Member Benefits
MNA is the only professional organization in Montana that exclusively serves 501(c)(3)'s. Members gain access to a wide range of benefits including advocacy efforts, enhanced insurance and discount products, educational trainings, research reports, networking opportunities, and more.
MNA is your voice and advocate on public policy issues that impact the nonprofit sector:
- State and Federal legislative monitoring
- Public policy updates
- Legislative Alerts
- Long-term public policy agenda development
- Ongoing education of elected officials and the general public
- General advocacy efforts
MNA saves money and limits nonprofit administrative costs through group buying programs:
- D&O Insurance Program
- Unemployment Insurance Alternative
- Discounted Grant Management Software
- Online Career Center
- Volunteer and Pre-employment Background Checks
MNA builds nonprofit leadership and management capacity through organizational development:
- Publication of Principles and Practices for Nonprofit Excellence in Montana
- Reduced rates to Annual MNA Conference each fall
- Reduced rates to MNA sponsored and partner trainings throughout the year
- Free posting to our online training calendar and access to MNA online resources
- Answers to technical questions relating to 501(c)(3) organizations
- Free GrantStation Insider weekly funding e-newsletter and 85% off GrantStation subscriptions
- Discounts on technology products like Zoom and Firespring
MNA deepens the understanding and builds awareness of nonprofit issues through research:
- Montana Nonprofit Sector Report covering the scale, scope, and economic impact
- Montana Nonprofit Wage and Benefit Survey Report
- Statewide and media advocacy on all trends, issues, and research results
- Free or reduced rates for all MNA published research reports
MNA connects nonprofit and community leaders through information sharing and networking:
- MNA's Blog
- MNA’s eNews – timely news and resources for your organization
- Referrals to State and Federal agencies, experienced peers, and consultants
- Local network support
Nonprofit dues are determined based on the annual operating budget of the organization.
|Annual Operating Budget||Annual Dues||Annual Operating Budget||Annual Dues|
|Less than $25,000||$40||$1,000,000 - $1,999,999||$325|
|$25,000 - $124,999||$85||$2,000,000 - $2,999,999||$375|
|$125,000 - $249,999||$135||$3,000,000 - $3,999,999||$525|
|$250,000 - $499,999||$200||$4,000,000 - $4,999,999||$575|
|$500,000 - $999,999||$250||$5,000,000 and higher||$650|
For general information about membership or any of MNA's programs, contact us by email or call (406) 449-3717.