Leadership Development for Nonprofit Professionals
Invest in yourself, your organization, and the nonprofit sector this year. Connect with your peers, challenge your leadership skills, and build a better future for Montana. MNA Catalyst paves the way for a robust and resilient nonprofit sector in Montana through leadership development. With a combination of dynamic and skilled content experts, thoughtful curriculum design, and opportunities to connect with peers and facilitators, MNA Catalyst bolsters the skill sets, deepens the confidence, and broadens the perspective of both experienced and emerging leaders in the nonprofit sector. Focusing on individual development, organizational leadership, and sector-wide influence and collaboration, MNA Catalyst is a robust program that will help shape and sustain the future of Montana’s nonprofit sector through leadership development.
Applications are open for our 2023 Cohort. Please apply by February 7th, 2023
Application process includes completing the brief form below, and sending a letter of interest to [email protected]
Extraordinary impact occurs when nonprofit leaders:
- Leverage individual leadership styles and strengths using emotional intelligence.
- Move intentionally between management and leadership roles.
- Lead the board and community toward generative work.
- Practice and encourage authenticity, vulnerability, and risk taking.
- Cultivate a network and community that is trusting, supportive, and mutually accountable.
- Prioritize inclusive and equitable approaches and outcomes for diverse communities.
What You’ll Learn
Throughout the Catalyst experience, participants will be invited to:
- Deepen your knowledge of the pivotal and multi-faceted role of leadership in organizational and community well-being
- Discover a new understanding of your personal strengths and challenges as a leader
- Gain tools and skills to increase your effectiveness as an organizational leader
- Establish yourself as a nonprofit leader in in your local and statewide community
This program is built on our Nonprofit Leadership Fundamentals. Participants will be introduced to these fundamentals, explore them within the cohort, and be prepared to practice and master them throughout and after the program.
This program consists of the following:
- 5 hours of pre-work completed before May 2023
- In Person Immersion May 17th –19th | Location TBA
- Peer Learning Cohorts, Monthly, June – October
- June 14th | 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM | Virtual
- July 12th | 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM | Virtual
- August 9th | 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM | Virtual
- October 11th | 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM | Virtual
- 1:1 Time with facilitators to advance your goals between May – September
- In Person Meeting September 18th | Missoula
Content will be delivered in person and via Zoom. Resources, recordings, and additional exercises will be accessed through an online platform management system. All in person meetings will be evaluated in light of safety conditions during projected times.
This program has been developed for executive directors or CEO’s in the nonprofit sector in Montana. Other applicants may also find value in this program but admission priority will be given to current ED’s and CEO’s in Montana.
Program available only to MNA Members. Participation fee includes all program and curriculum costs including initial self-assessment, monthly programming, three-day immersive workshop and final meeting. Fees do not include lodging and transportation.
There are internal and external scholarship opportunities for Catalyst. Indicate your interest in scholarships on your application, or reach out to [email protected] for more information.
Interested in supporting leadership development in Montana? Join our Catalyst Circle of Support. Become a sponsor, with opportunities starting at $1,000 up to $5,000. Sponsors gain the opportunity to share their message and brand with the Catalyst audience and beyond while helping sustain leadership programming for Montana nonprofit professionals. Learn more or contact [email protected] for more info. We look forward to partnering with you!
Are you interested in paving the way for participants? Catalyst requires participants to invest their time and energy. Your donation to our scholarship fund will allow participants to focus on their learning, growth, and building a better future for Montana. You may make a gift right now by donating online and selecting “Catalyst Scholarships” as your campaign choice. Donors will be recognized on this page and in communications announcing our 2021 Cohort.